Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello any newcomers!  This blog has been in operation for several years and I am linking it to my  new blog Home Is Where The Heart Is  You will find articles on my gardening adventures here.

Update: Sadly, I have no garden at the moment.  In fact it's been two seasons without planting anything in my square foot gardens.  What with the early heat wave in 2010 and a perfectly lousy season last year I've decided just to go awhile 'til I can't stand it and then start anew. Reading other's gardening blogs helps to whet my appetite.  But, then again, yesterday's 118F temperature makes me think I made the right choice!  What can grow at these temperatures.?  Well, actually my cantaloupes did really well in this heat.  I grew them from seeds out of a cantaloupe I bought  at the store - and they were very tasty!  If you stop by, leave a comment.

I try to post daily or every other day on Home Is Where The Heart Is so come see me there!

2 comments:

  1. How nice to read our interest in gardening in the low deserts of Arizona. For me Arizona means the stories I read in my kid days - Apache Indians and all :)

    Regards & be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought I'd look into my old blog here - and found your comment - how nice! I'll have to figure out how to be notified if someone makes a comment on this or my other old blog (Potpourri. I've never seen an Apache Indian here but there are lots of Mohave Indians around here (dressed in regular clothes). One time I went into an Indian's souvenir shop in Oatman, AZ and I asked him if he was a Mohave Indian. He scowled at me and said, "don't say that word in here again or I'll tell you to leave!". It turned out he was a Navajo Indian, but to this day I don't know why he doesn't particularly like Mohave Indians. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete